Recently, I was challenged to create a blog post detailing twenty facts about myself. So here goes…
1. 42 years old and proud of it. I know too many people who never lived to see their 42nd birthday so I’m enjoying Every. Single. Day.
2. 5’2” tall. Yep. I’m short. But good things come in small packages, right?
3. Wear black glasses that make me look like a librarian. Which is good, cuz I AM a librarian.
4. Have blue eyes. Which, due to #3, you can barely see.
5. Will be married for 10 years this July. I think that’s a good excuse to have a party. Where has the time gone?
6. Have a beautiful, spunky 5 year old daughter. She has the amazing ability to drive me crazy and make me melt with overwhelming love. Usually in the same breath.
8. HATE gardening. But I love flowers. Especially lilacs, which remind me of my childhood home.
10. Love walking through cemeteries. There is so much beauty in the headstones, their eternal words that mark the passing of a loved one, and the calm peacefulness of nature.
12. Have a gluten sensitivity due to a thyroid disorder. I wasn’t aware of this sensitivity until last year. Since going gluten-free all of the symptoms I’ve had since I was a teenager have FINALLY subsided.
13. Have two university degrees. My Psychology degree helped tremendously when my daughter was going through the Terrible Two’s. And my Library Science degree helps me find research about anything at any time.
14. Have many of the same friends that I went to high school with. We’re still giggly when we get together, but it’s cool to see each other as responsible parents.
15. Like to drive a SCOOTCH over the speed limit. Yes, I’m impatient.
16. Am a nurturer. I had no idea. Once I became a mom I started baking from scratch and putting home cooked meals on the table for when my hubby came home from work. I must have been ripped from the 1960s.
17. Love to be goofy. My husband knew this about me when we got married. Now when our daughter acts up the exact same way he just shakes his head and says “You get it from your mother”.
18. HATE/refuse to wear uncomfortable clothing. I actually wore running shoes to my own wedding. Yes I did. After being in countless wedding parties in torturous shoes I swore I’d be comfortable on my day. And I was.
19. Play piano. I hated taking lessons when I was a kid. But I enjoy it now.
20. Love setting new goals and challenges for myself. Funny, when it was performance review time when I worked I HATED the dreaded “What are your goals for the next year” bit. But I really do love setting new challenges. It’s immensely satisfying to check something off your list.
So that’s twenty facts about me.